Wednesday 15 November 2023

 Today we read No More Hitting for Little Hamster


Little Hamster has trouble finding anyone to play with. That's because he uses his hands for hurting others every time something doesn't go his way. People don't like getting hurt and so they won't play with Hamster. Can you blame them?

But Little Hamster comes up with a solution! He promises (remember that word from last week?) to keep his hands off others.


We reminded ourselves of things we can do to keep our hands off others;

"I can take a breath."

"I can walk away."

"I can get help."

"I can talk about how I am feeling."


In math, I challenged the class to figure out a way we could sort ourselves out.

After coming up with several different attribute choices - we decided on shoe colour.




We had six different shoe colour groups.

"Black shoes have the most."

"White shoes have the least. Only two."

"Wait! Blue shoes have only two too. They are equal with white."

"Red shoes and pink shoes both have four- they are equal too!"

No comments:

Post a Comment